Please take time to listen to the songs and run through your music before Tuesday!
We will be practicing Tuesday and Thursday next week in preparation for our concerts.
Our 2013 concerts, again under the direction of Cathy Reitz and accompanied by Anne Kubiatowicz, will present “From the Sacred to the Swinging,” a program featuring music ranging from Mack Wilberg’s stirring “Four American Folk Hymns” to upbeat swing and jazz tunes.Rehearsals are held on Tuesdays, 7 to 8:30 pm, beginning January 8. Performances are scheduled for Saturday, March 9, at 7 pm and Sunday, March 10, at 2 pm. Rehearsals and concerts will be held at the Chippewa Valley Cultural Association Heyde Center for the Arts.¯Bring a friend who likes to sing! There is a $25.00 membership fee.
- They are still looking for a few more singers, we are getting some wonderful free press with this concert, even if you didn't sign up please consider joining in for this concert.
- I get the impression that Nobu (orchestra director) would like us to all rehearse together so we will be joining with Master Singers right away - their first Mahler rehearsal was April 2.
- If you know of someone who wants to sing but is not a part of our choir they can join in under our name; spouse, teacher, friend, neighbor, etc.
- I hope our choir can make a good showing (yes, this is a little like a "please come and sing so we look good - I know we sound good").
- Music for the Mahler will SOON be on our website
- Diction available at this link: http://youtu.be/BnSLFmN7T4s
- I have more scores that I can give out as needed.
- Rehearsals will take place in the choir room at the Fine Arts Building at UWEC.
- They are at 5:15 and will last about an hour.
- April 9, 16, 23, 30
- May 8 - 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM – Rehearsal with orchestra in Gantner Hall @ UWEC
- May 11 - 7 PM – 9:00 PM – Dress Rehearsal
- May 12 – 7:30 PM – 10 PM – Concert
Find out more about Mahler http://en.wikipedia.
Please join us for our 33rd year!
You may not recognize the name Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, but you have heard parts of it in movies and commercials. The Chippewa Valley Community Chorus along with select members of the DeLong Middle School Choirs and with assistance from UW-EC percussionists will perform much of this popular classical piece on March 13th at 7PM and March 14th at 3PM at the Chippewa Valley Cultural Association / Heyde Center in Chippewa Falls. The Chorus, under the direction of Mr. Valerius Knobloch and accompanied by Anne Kubiatowicz, will also present works by local composer Jerry Way, a selection of spirituals and the haunting Requiem by Eliza Gilkyson.
Tickets are available at the door - $6.00 for adults and $3.00 for students.
Chippewa Valley Cultural Association / Heyde Center
3 South High Street
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Our accompanist, Anne Kubiatowicz graduated from UW Eau Claire with a degree in Piano Performance. She has taught for 25 years and currently has a private studio of 35 piano students. She has served several area churches at the piano and in children’s music ministries. Anne can be found accompanying Eau Claire school choirs and programs, as well as collaborating with UWEC instrumental music students for their recitals. She has always enjoyed choir through the years, accompanying her college and church choirs and assisting the Valley Gospel Choir as a member of the band. The 2010 season is Anne’s first experience with the Chippewa Valley Community Chorus.
Please contact Jan Adams (715-726-1136 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information or to be added to our mailing list.
Music fit for a Queen Chippewa Valley